Want to change the way people view their world? We’re hiring smart, talented individuals who love to build and share new technology. We’re a deep-technology start-up shaking up the 3D space. Our team is working to develop an end-to-end system, including a camera and online platform, which allows users to view, navigate, share, measure, and annotate indoor spaces in minutes. Matterport is based in Mountain View, CA. Check out our open positions below. Don’t see an open position that matches your experience? Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll contact you if there’s a fit.
Some of our perks!
- Competitive salary
- Great health care plans – all are ACA Platinum
- Vision and dental coverage
- 401(k) with generous matching
- Free dry-cleaning and laundry
- Dynamic start-up environment
- Continued learning support
- Conference attendance
- Catered lunches everyday
- A very well-stocked kitchen with your favorite food available at all hours
- A 10-15 minute walk from the Mountain View Caltrain station
Software Engineer Computer Vision
At Matterport, we’re pushing the boundaries of what is possible in 3D reconstruction by aggressively innovating in computer vision. We’ve already built an amazing 3D reconstruction system, but we have a lot of work planned to make it even better. We’re looking to add a computer vision expert who will work in areas that could include point cloud alignment, generation and texturing of 3D meshes from point clouds, 3D mesh manipulation, camera calibration, and 3D scene understanding.
Matterport’s codebase is in C++, using libraries such as Boost, OpenCV, and Eigen. For this position, we’re looking for someone who’s comfortable analyzing complex algorithms and developing new ones; working with fuzzy, real-world data; and optimizing for performance when appropriate. We want someone who can work independently, communicate well with other team members, and write clean, stable code. We care the most about general ability to learn new things, but specific experience that’s directly relevant to some of the areas we’re working on is, of course, desirable.
Experience and Skills
- 2+ years of experience in computer vision
- Proficient in C++
- Strong general programming skills
- 5+ years of experience preferred
- BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science or a similar field preferred
Lead User Experience (UX) Designer
Matterport’s 3D reconstruction system is a complete end-to-end product spanning 3D camera hardware with an iPad Capture app, cloud processing, Web Portal, and 3D Web-and-iPad-based Player and Studio apps. The people who interact with our products are designers, photographers, 3D artists, service personnel, construction managers, small business owners and consumers. Crafting effective design experiences that are valuable, user-friendly and delightful will be the chief goal of our UX lead.
You will work with our product management and marketing teams as well as engineers (hardware and software) to create a coherent and joyful set of user centric designs. The position requires the combination of thoughtful belief in sound design principles with pragmatism and an understanding of the need to focus on core user value to get things done quickly in a startup environment. The ideal candidate will be a passionate student of interaction design and can speak to current trends. You should be comfortable with some ambiguity, will be able to act independently, and will be able to thrive in a resource-constrained, fast-paced environment.
- Distill detailed product requirements documents into amazing user-centered designs
- Use product requirements and market research to developing scenarios, use cases, user profiles, and usability goals
- Design the UI architecture, interface, interaction flow of applications and experiences
- Develop conceptual diagrams, wireframes, visual mockups, click-through, prototypes, and storyboards
- Develop and maintain detailed user-interface specifications and design patterns
- Collaborate with product managers and engineers to ensure scalability and feasibility
- Deliver great results on schedule with several concurrent projects
Experience and Skills
- 5-10 years of experience as a UX designer or similar role
- Extensive experience working with mobile and Web apps
- Bachelor’s degree in user interaction design, industrial design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent professional experience
- Proficiency in a variety of design tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Fireworks, Visio, and Balsamiq
- Visual design capabilities and ability to create mockups and clickable prototypes
- Experience working in a collaborative team and working directly with developers for implementation of designs
- Strong understanding of current norms for web and mobile UX
- Familiarity with best practices for iOS and other Apple design principles
- An online portfolio or samples of UX design work is a requirement for application
Enterprise Account Director
The Enterprise Account Director is responsible for engaging customers and developing revenue streams in target vertical markets such as Home-Related Retail, Property Insurance, Construction Management, Real Estate Management and Disaster Recovery. The Enterprise Account Director will be the main point of contact for major customers and must ensure that opportunities are qualified, customer engagement is established at the appropriate levels, and relationships develop where Matterport profitably delivers well-defined value to our customers. Ultimately, the Enterprise Account Director is responsible for getting agreements in place that will drive the success of the company.
Experience and Skills
The ideal candidate has 10+ years demonstrated experience generating product and services revenue streams from enterprise organizations for new technologies. Experience in the target vertical markets, especially with retailers of home improvement and furniture is a huge plus. Strong presentation skills are essential as is the ability to work independently and provide a realistic assessment of opportunities back to the organization. Ability to learn new technologies and comfort with different business models required. This position requires travel that will be extensive at times and could average 40-50%. Matterport is only looking for team-oriented people who are able to recognize and leverage the strengths of others to accomplish extraordinary things.
Want to intern at Matterport? We’re looking for smart and motivated individuals who are passionate about our technology to join us this summer.
More specifically, we’re looking for:
- You preferably are familiar with Git for version control.
- Extra credit if you’ve done any UI programming (in or outside Unity)
Backend Web Developer
- You should have Django experience or other Python web-app experience (example please, source code snippets accepted).
- You should be familiar with the Git version control system.
Extra credit for:
- Working on an API using Tastypie or REST Framework.
- Comfort with jQuery.
If you are especially talented in either computer vision or computer graphics, we may consider you for an internship as well.
If you’re interested, please send your resume or a summary of your skill set to email@example.com, with “Internship” as the subject. We’ll contact you if you’re a good match for our needs!