No passport needed...
The holiday season is upon us, and it’s a popular time for people to visit family, travel abroad, and explore the world! At Matterport, we take pride in the fact that our 3D technology allows people to experience far-off, distant destinations even from the comfort of their own home.
To celebrate the holidays, we’ve created a virtual vacation using some of our favorite Matterport Spaces - captured by you and your peers from around the world.
How to enter the contest
To enter the Matterport Winter Globetrotter Contest, simply explore the five Matterport Spaces we’ve picked out just for you. At the end of your “virtual vacation”, use this form to guess the continent where each of the six destinations are located, and you will be automatically entered to win. Winners will be able to choose between one of the three AWESOME prizes listed below.
Don’t forget to share this contest with your friends by clicking on the share icons above!
**Note: Whether your answers are right or wrong, you will be entered into the contest either way.
Answers must be submitted by Friday, December 22, 2017 at 11:59PM (Pacific Time).
Choose from 3 Prize Options
- $100 Amazon.com Gift Card
- Tiger Mini 2300 - Matterport Camera Case
- 12 custom-branded VR viewers from Unofficial Cardboard
Location 1: The Underwater Room
This unique resort suite is 250 meters away from shore and is over 3 stories tall. The bedroom is 4 meters below the surface of the Indian Ocean and includes underwater windows so that you can be up close and personal with the local marine life.
Location 2: Traditional Maori Village
Marcus Lloyd, an eighth-generation Maori descendant, rebuilt a traditional pa site in the exact location where his ancestors’ pa once existed centuries ago. Maori are the indigenous group of this island nation, and a pa is a Maori village commonly used as a defensive settlement. Lloyd used only natural materials found in the area, as well as ancient building techniques, to construct the entire site. The site, once inhabited by hapu Ngai Tamatea, is now a wonderful tribute and reminder of the people that came before.
Location 3: The Temple of Literature
The Temple of Literature is this country’s first national university. Built in 1070 under Emperor Lý Thánh Tông, this picturesque attraction was first erected as a Confucius temple. The entire temple covers an area of over 54,000 square meters and includes five different courtyards, several statues of Confucius, and a pond known as the "Well of Heavenly Clarity." Today, the temple also appears on the back of this country’s currency.
Location 4: Carn Euny
Carn Euny is one of this country’s preserved ancient villages. Inhabited between about 400 BC - AD 400, the village was active through the Iron Age up until the end of the Roman occupation for the region. Located in the southwestern region of this country, Carn Euny features a fogou, an underground stone-walled passage common among other ancient settlements in the area.
Location 5: Mark Twain’s Residence
This home was once the residence of famous author Mark Twain. Born as Samuel L. Clemens, Mark Twain penned many great novels including The Adventures of Tom Sawyer and the Adventures of Huckleberry Finn. This property was home to Clemens and his family from 1874-1891.
Answer our trivia quiz and automatically be entered into our raffle!
Terms & Conditions:
- All quiz participants will be automatically entered into the contest raffle regardless of their quiz score.
- 3 winners will be randomly chosen from the list of participants after the contest closes on December 22, 2017 at 11:59PM (Pacific Time).
- Winners will be contacted via email using the email address supplied with their quiz responses. Winners will have 7 business days to reply to their email in order to claim their prize.
- Winners who do not claim their prize in time will automatically forfeit their prize. If a participant forfeits, then another winner will then be randomly selected from the remaining list of participants.
- Winners may select one out of the three options listed in the “Prize” section.
- Any entries submitted after December 22, 2017 at 11:59PM (Pacific Time) will not be accepted.
- Participants are prohibited from entering the contest more than once.
- Any participant caught using multiple aliases or emails will automatically be disqualified from the contest.
- Matterport reserves the right to void contest entries it deems to be a multiple entry.