Valentine's Day is an occasion we have been celebrating since the year 496AD! However, 2021 will see a completely different approach. Due to the ongoing restrictions (no) thanks to the global pandemic, many of us will be restricted to celebrating the day of love from the confines of our homes. Booking a table at your favorite restaurant, jetting off on a romantic weekend away, or simply taking in an awe-inspiring view from a fancy rooftop bar is not an option this year... or are they?
With state-of-the-art 3D space capture technology, Matterport is able to bring those beautiful places to a screen within reach from your couch. In a time of social distance, Matterport can bring you closer to some seriously romantic Valentine’s Day destinations through an immersive experience of some of the most captivating spaces from around the world!
1. The first top lockdown Valentine’s Day destination is this relaxing and beautiful spa:
Corendon Vitality Hotel & Spa is situated in Amsterdam, the Netherlands perfect for those who want to spend this Sunday within the virtual walls of one of the most relaxing places on earth. Why not rejuvenate your mind with this virtual spa tour, featuring a tepidarium, indoor beach room, and Turkish steam bath? Best viewed while running a hot bath...
2. If a spa isn’t yours or your partner's cup of tea, perhaps The Yacht London will float your boat?
For those wishing to dine out and enjoy a drink at a restaurant or cocktail lounge, this historic boat may be the virtual destination for you! Restored from the 1920s, and now permanently moored along the Thames River in London, explore the beauty that is The Yacht London this Sunday.
3. For those who couldn’t wait to hit the slopes, this stunning ski resort in the mountains of Sweden might just do the trick.
Grövelfjäll features a cozy tavern and restaurant overlooking the snowy Swedish hills, a perfect set-up for ski fanatics this Valentine’s Day.
4. A romantic getaway will be missed by so many this year. But fear not, as endless properties can be explored via our scans without having to travel at all. Check out these beautiful chalets and resorts from around the globe:
Take in the soaring ceilings and hand-hewn wooden beams in this rustic, yet sophisticated French chalet that is Aravis Holidays Immobilier.
Explore the beautiful island views from this Caribbean island retreat, also known as the Villa in St. Barthelemy!
5. To conclude our top lockdown Valentine’s Day destinations is the most romantic Planetarium in Hamburg, Germany.
If day-to-day life has gotten to the better of you and your partner, then we suggest gazing at the beautifully painted ceiling of this planetarium, the centerpiece of Hamburg's Stadtpark. Built between 1912 and 1915, the 70 meters tall building is sure to make the perfect date set-up.
So as you can see, with Matterport’s immersive high definition scans, the perfect Valentine’s getaway is just a few clicks away! Now, better start planning for Valentine’s Day 2022...