To view Matterport 3D Spaces in virtual reality, you will need a compatible virtual reality headset with the Matterport VR Showcase app (available via the Oculus™ Store, found within the Oculus Gear VR app) installed.
Below, you will find hardware and software requirements for viewing 3D Spaces in virtual reality, as well as instructions on installing Matterport VR Showcase and making it the default app for viewing VR models.
To use Matterport VR Showcase, you will need a Samsung Gear VR headset and compatible Samsung Galaxy series phone.
The Samsung Gear VR headset, available for $99 on Amazon, and is compatible with the Samsung Galaxy Note5, Galaxy S6, Galaxy S6 edge, and Galaxy S6 edge+. (For complete Gear VR product specs and compatibility, visit Samsung.com.)
Matterport VR Showcase is also compatible with the Gear VR Innovator Edition for Galaxy S6, and the Gear VR Innovator Edition for Note4.
To use Matterport VR Showcase, your smartphone must be running the Android Kitkat (4.4) OS or later, and you must have the Oculus Gear VR app installed. You will automatically be prompted to install the Oculus Gear VR app on your smartphone the first time it is inserted into your Gear VR headset.
Download and install Matterport VR Showcase from the Apps section of the Oculus™ Store, accessed from within the Oculus Gear VR app. Downloads are subject to your normal data usage rates. We recommend downloading the app while connected to a wifi network.
Once installed, you will be able to view our public gallery of interesting Matterport 3D Spaces, and your own eligible converted spaces, in fully immersive virtual reality.
1. If you have not already, install the Oculus Gear VR app by inserting your smartphone into the Gear VR and following the on-screen prompts.
2. Launch the Oculus Gear VR app while your phone is connected to a secure wifi network.
3. Once in the app, scroll down to the Apps section of the store, near the bottom of the main page. Press See All on the right.
4. From the Apps screen, scroll down and select Matterport VR Showcase.
5. Click Install to start downloading.
1. Launch the Oculus Gear VR app.
2. Click the Menu icon in the upper left-hand corner (represented by three horizontal grey bars) and go to Library.
3. From within the Library, swipe to the Apps tab and scroll down until you find the Matterport VR Showcase app.
4. Click Start to launch the app.
You will be prompted to insert your device into your Gear VR to continue. Insert your phone into the Gear VR and put the headset on. You should see a selection of hand-curated Spaces provided for your viewing pleasure.
The first time you view any Space, you will need to download it via an internet connection. Once downloaded, you will be able to view the Space, even without a data connection.
NOTE: If you have already installed a previous version of Matterport VR Showcase or our Sideloader app, you will need to uninstall both before installing the most current version of Matterport VR Showcase.