At Corgan, we used the Matterport Pro2 camera during a project at LAX. The technology allowed us to efficiently scan existing conditions, capture key milestones, create virtual punch lists, document progress and share 3D models with owners and facility managers.
3D for Architecture, Engineering & Construction
Whether you work in architecture, engineering, or construction, you'll be able to streamline documentation, 3D scan as-builts, and collaborate with ease. With Matterport, you can also reduce costs and help save the most precious commodity — your time. Learn more about solutions for AEC.
agree that reality capture is the future of AEC
agree a 3D walkthrough is better to communicate job site status
Architecture and Engineering
Streamline design and BIM modeling processes with digital twin cloud data of site conditions.
Our platform integrates seamlessly with your existing software - from SketchUp, to Revit, AutoCAD, and other BIM software.
Build more efficiently with collaborative project review. Use BIM360 or Procore with Matterport to enable quick and easy collaboration and manage all aspects of your project in 3D.
Procore is the most used construction software in the world.
Narrative Content video styles
Get the Matterport Advantage
Our 3D data platform is the most powerful, accurate, and quickest way to document a building or property. With a compatible camera, you can capture anything from small to large spaces — both inside and outside — with the highest level of detail.
3D scanning that fits your workflow
Our platform automatically stitches all your data together and lets you export your data into other platforms easily, saving you significant amounts of manual work and time.Create 3D walkthroughs and guide anyone immediately to a virtual site tour.
- Communicate key milestones quickly and effectively by eliminating travel time and by sharing and annotating in the model to get sign-offs.
- Perform remote inspections, measure while offsite, and reduce site visits by capturing all data the first time.
How 3D scan to BIM can reduce design and construction costs
Incorporating Matterport into your BIM (Building Information Modelling) process can help reduce virtual design and construction costs and help you win more bids.
- Export your point cloud and easily share and render it within Revit® and other BIM tools.
- Generate OBJ files and point clouds for as-builts and construction documentation.
- Scan tight areas 10–15 times faster than with a typical lidar scanner.
- Overlay your point cloud onto your BIM model to conduct verification.
- Take measurements in difficult to access areas such as pipes, trusses, and ceiling beams.
Get the accuracy you need from a single source
Matterport provides incredible accuracy and easy measurement in the platform.
- Capture spaces that are accurate within 1% using a Matterport Pro2 camera and 0.1% with Leica BLK360 G1.
- Replace thousands of photos by capturing all imagery and data at once, and save time by eliminating the need to document, arrange, and label photos.
- Get reflected ceiling plan images and schematic floor plans.
- Eliminate registration markers or manual alignment.
Building Information Modeling
Matterport BIM files enable fast, easy, precision 3D as-builts for any space. Architects, designers and building engineers can now accurately capture the current state of any building and its contents in CAD and design software more quickly, easily, and cost-effectively than ever before.
- Jumpstart workflows by capturing as-built conditions with Matterport and ordering the BIM File add-on
- BIM file contains a .RVT and two .DWG CAD files
- Eliminate the manual capture of as-built conditions with Matterport + BIM
- Output BIM includes optional comprehensive architecture, furniture, and MEP elements
- Autodesk Revit plugin is available for quick import of MP digital twin and associated data files
- Files include quantifiable dimensions and quantities
AEC E57 block
Unlock the full potential of your Leica BLK360 G1 or Pro-series camera with E57 point clouds. Delivering over 10x the detail of the traditional MatterPak .XYZ format, E57 files are vendor-neutral and widely adopted by most 3D design software, allowing integration of higher density point clouds into your documentation and modeling workflows.
- Automated Point Cloud Registration, in the cloud, without the need for survey grade tools for just $89
- Add outdoor captures taken with Leica BLK to your Matterport 3D workflow
- Coordinate projects from anywhere by uploading E57 files into you existing cloud-based applications
A powerful suite of features
Transform your space into a 3D Autodesk Revit model and 2D CAD files.
Collaborate efficiently with commenting and sharing integrated in your spaces.
Embed pop-up notes, links, videos, and e-commerce workflows in your 3D model.
Download, edit, and import high-resolution digital assets from Matterport Cloud.
Accurately measure anything within a 3D model.
Print-ready photos from your model instantly with Pro2 captures.
See it for yourself
Experience how Matterport's 3D technology is changing architecture, engineering, and construction.
Learn how to get started
Getting started with Matterport is quick and easy. If you have a 360 camera you can get started for FREE. Sign up to a free account below and start scanning today!
Want more accurate 3D scanning? Matterport's Pro2 3D camera captures large spaces accurately and easily.
Capture Services is ready to transform your property into a detailed digital twin, so you can access, manage, and promote your space any time, from anywhere.
- 24-48 hour turnaround
- Perfect for both small and large spaces
- Affordable pricing across 700+ cities around the world
You'll be in good company
The initial 30.5 hours we invested in scanning MEP facilities of Toronto Western Hospital was essential to an efficient modeling workflow. Capturing good, reliable scan data ensured our remaining 300 hours of modeling MEP systems in Autodesk Revit was seamless.
I won't do a multi-story building without a Matterport camera.
We began using Matterport to give our engineers and designers a more effective way to engage with clients, contractors, and one another,” Mehr said. “After scanning the space, we annotate and share punch-lists from the Matterport Cloud, eliminating the need for 10-15 people to attend site surveys.