We’re enhancing our current fire investigation services with the implementation of Matterport cameras and interactive 3D models of fire losses. Part of our strategic mission is to test technology and look for new tools that will enhance our work and bring more value to Donan’s clients. The Matterport technology achieves those goals.
3D Scanning for Insurance and Restoration
Whether you’re an insurance carrier, a claims adjuster, restoration company, or property owner, Matterport delivers accurate, transparent, and fair documentation and valuations. Save time, cut costs, and close claims much faster.
Share 3D models with engineers, adjusters, builders, and policyholders.
Maximize revenue and speed up the process with accurate, thorough documentation.
I&R page styles
An invaluable new tool to save time and money for insurance and restoration industries.
A first-of-its-kind service, Matterport TruePlan™ generates SKX files in both floor plan and 3D views from Matterport models that can be easily imported into Xactimate® software.
Restoration contractors and insurance adjusters no longer need to manually measure and sketch properties to determine the value of the property loss, and estimate repair and rebuilding costs. Our turnkey TruePlan add-on service delivers an accurate Xactimate-compatible file (.SKX) within 48 hours of being ordered from the Matterport platform.
Comprehensive documentation for insurance and restoration professionals
There's no need for hundreds of photographs, measurements, repeat site visits, and written statements with 3D walkthroughs. You can provide comprehensive loss documentation in an indisputable single source of truth.
- Increase topline revenue by offering the most accurate documentation
- Speed up claim approvals and close cases faster with more thorough documentation
- Decrease the number of policyholder breakage claims with a pre-mitigation scan that captures everything in its current state.
Insure with the most comprehensive pre-loss asset documentation and risk management with the digital twin that allows for more informed and accurate underwriting practices.
- Reduce the initial risk of insuring a building and eliminating the need for physical reinspection.
- Unbeatable documentation accuracy for higher quality assessments compared to an outsourced inspection.
- Add policy and claims notes directly into the 3D model.
Court-admissible documentation for insurance adjusters that saves time
Matterport’s 3D data platform generates walkthroughs, schematic floor plans, and other assets to save you time and ensure you get fair settlements.
- Create court-admissible documentation with spaces that cannot be manipulated.
- Adjust jobs remotely and reduce time traveling to sites.
- Reduce sketch time by up to 70%.
- Bring the jury to the scene with 3D walkthroughs.
- Improve negotiation for clients with the most meticulous documentation and background information possible.
Improving the thoroughness of records when processing claims reduces discrepancies and time lost resolving issues.
- Better accuracy reduces the claim cycle to create a better customer experience for policyholders.
- Increase operational transparency with the ability to share links of 3D spaces to different stakeholders.
- Boost adjuster speed and precision to review and navigate the loss remotely with exact property dimensions.
- Improve catastrophic (CAT) event response when in-house field adjusting teams are stretched thin. Tap into the Matterport Capture Services™ network, and help people return to their homes sooner and get businesses up and running faster.
Capture a building or space exactly as is and gather the most accurate documentation and measurements possible. Matterport can help you provide indisputable evidence while reducing interruptions to restoration work.
- Create court-admissible documentation with scans that cannot be manipulated.
- Memorialize the scene and avoid scene spoilage.
- Bring the jury to the scene with 3D walkthroughs.
- Guarantee confidentiality and authenticity with face blurring and time stamps.
- Save time and improve accuracy with schematic floor plans and measurement tools.
Property owners can document homes, businesses, or any assets with the Matterport true-to-life and comprehensive platform, and expedite any potential claims.
- Get a complete record of your property’s condition.
- Accurate inventory of personal items and other assets within your home or building.
- Reduce discrepancies and disputes with insurance carriers.
- Speed up the entire claims process, reducing the need to provide documentation or receipts in some instances.
A powerful suite of features.
Transform how you market and manage your properties with Matterport’s digital twin platform.
Improve viewer engagement by crafting a story about your space.
Collaborate, plan and share more easily with your team, vendors or customers.
Select add-ons designed for for industry professionals.
Access enterprise grade security and advanced admin features for teams of all sizes.
The Matterport Difference for Insurance and Restoration
It's easy to get started with 3D scanning
Capture Services is ready to transform your property into a detailed digital twin, so you can access, manage, and promote your space any time, from anywhere.
- 24-48 hour turnaround
- Perfect for both small and large spaces
- Affordable pricing across 700+ cities around the world
You'll be in good company
If I have a question, I refer the adjuster or the policyholder to the Matterport 3D model. Together, we can virtually walk the property, addressing concerns and open items together. — They love it.
Damage to property is never fun or easy but using Matterport 3D reality capture, which introduces unique accountability and transparency to the process, it’s made as easy and painless as possible.
By sharing the Matterport 3D models with stakeholders, we’ve reduced the number of inquiries and disputes from insurance adjusters, building consultants, and owners. The 3D model provides everyone with a single, accurate source of documentation to reference throughout the restoration and claims processes, helping us serve more customers, faster.