We’re enhancing our current fire investigation services with the implementation of Matterport cameras and interactive 3D models of fire losses. Part of our strategic mission is to test technology and look for new tools that will enhance our work and bring more value to Donan’s clients. The Matterport technology achieves those goals.
3D Scanning for Insurance and Restoration
Whether you’re an insurance carrier, a claims adjuster, restoration company, or property owner, Matterport delivers accurate, transparent, and fair documentation and valuations. Save time, cut costs, and close claims much faster.
Share 3D models with engineers, adjusters, builders, and policyholders.
Maximize revenue and speed up the process with accurate, thorough documentation.
Matterport TruePlan™ for Xactimate®
An invaluable new tool to save time and money for insurance and restoration industries.
A first-of-its-kind service, Matterport TruePlan™ generates SKX files in both floor plan and 3D views from Matterport models that can be easily imported into Xactimate® software.
Restoration contractors and insurance adjusters no longer need to manually measure and sketch properties to determine the value of the property loss, and estimate repair and rebuilding costs. Our turnkey TruePlan add-on service delivers an accurate Xactimate-compatible file (.SKX) within 48 hours of being ordered from the Matterport platform.
Get the Matterport Advantage
3D walkthroughs provide accurate, easy-to-use documentation that can serve as a single source of truth from initial policy decisions through claims handling.
Our platform helps you reduce time spent in the field, rectify discrepancies in damage claims, and save time.
Accurate, updatable documentation throughout the insurance cycle
Insure with the most comprehensive pre-loss asset documentation and risk management with the digital twin that allows for more informed and accurate underwriting practices.
- Reduce the initial risk of insuring a building and eliminating the need for physical reinspection.
- Unbeatable documentation accuracy for higher quality assessments compared to an outsourced inspection.
- Add policy and claims notes directly into the 3D model.
Highest accuracy for insurance carrier documentation
Improving the thoroughness of records when processing claims reduces discrepancies and time lost resolving issues.
- Better accuracy reduces the claim cycle to create a better customer experience for policyholders.
- Increase operational transparency with the ability to share links of 3D spaces to different stakeholders.
- Boost adjuster speed and precision to review and navigate the loss remotely with exact property dimensions.
- Improve catastrophic (CAT) event response when in-house field adjusting teams are stretched thin. Tap into the Matterport Capture Services™ network, and help people return to their homes sooner and get businesses up and running faster.
Detailed and immersive documentation for forensics professionals
Capture a building or space exactly as is and gather the most accurate documentation and measurements possible. Matterport can help you provide indisputable evidence while reducing interruptions to restoration work.
- Create court-admissible documentation with scans that cannot be manipulated.
- Memorialize the scene and avoid scene spoilage.
- Bring the jury to the scene with 3D walkthroughs.
- Guarantee confidentiality and authenticity with face blurring and time stamps.
- Save time and improve accuracy with schematic floor plans and measurement tools.
Accurate claims documentation for home and business owners
Property owners can document homes, businesses, or any assets with the Matterport true-to-life and comprehensive platform, and expedite any potential claims.
- Get a complete record of your property’s condition.
- Accurate inventory of personal items and other assets within your home or building.
- Reduce discrepancies and disputes with insurance carriers.
- Speed up the entire claims process, reducing the need to provide documentation or receipts in some instances.
The Matterport Difference for Insurance and Restoration
It's easy to get started with 3D scanning
You'll be in good company
If I have a question, I refer the adjuster or the policyholder to the Matterport 3D model. Together, we can virtually walk the property, addressing concerns and open items together. — They love it.
Damage to property is never fun or easy but using Matterport 3D reality capture, which introduces unique accountability and transparency to the process, it’s made as easy and painless as possible.
By sharing the Matterport 3D models with stakeholders, we’ve reduced the number of inquiries and disputes from insurance adjusters, building consultants, and owners. The 3D model provides everyone with a single, accurate source of documentation to reference throughout the restoration and claims processes, helping us serve more customers, faster.