A matte black robotic camera the size of a 1980s lunchbox sits atop a tripod. On its face, there are three 2D cameras and three 3D sensors. There’s a handle on one end sprouting from the left side of the device. Its handler hits a button on an iPad app, and it begins to move. Over the next 24 seconds, it will make six stops as it spins 360 degrees. The imagery data will be sent to the a room full of servers, turned from a point cloud into a textured 3D mesh, and returned to the tablet.
Be the first to see interesting Spaces, new posts, and special offers.
- Broker Marketing Series: 3D Virtual Tours vs Open Houses
- Broker Marketing Series: 5 Tips to Market Your Brokerage to Home Sellers
- Broker Marketing Series: How to recruit and retain top agents
- Coming Soon -- Changes to make it easier to manage a Space
- Check out the winners of Matterport’s Best True3D™ Dollhouse Contest