Startup Matterport’s just closed a round of investor funding to bring its 3D mapping camera and “interactive viewing platform” one step closer to commercial production. The company, founded in 2011 and backed by the likes of Qualcomm Ventures, aims to let consumers build virtual, cloud-based maps of their homes, offices or other sites of interest — using a special camera rig — for eventual viewing on laptops or tablets. It’s an ambitious project that’s managed to raise nearly $6 million in funding so far. Read More
Be the first to see interesting Spaces, new posts, and special offers.
- Leica BLK360 Integration Opens Up More Opportunity to Capture the World in 3D
- Matterport Disrupts Insurance Claims & Restoration with Artificial Intelligence Powered Reality Capture
- Matterport Launches Instant Galleries
- Broker Marketing Series: 3D Virtual Tours vs Open Houses
- Broker Marketing Series: 5 Tips to Market Your Brokerage to Home Sellers