Historically, creating an accurate 3D model of a physical space has been a time-consuming and expensive process that cost tens of thousands of dollars and required teams of people and days, if not weeks, to complete. But a startup called Matterport has dramatically changed that, with a $4500 camera that the company says can capture fully immersive 3D models of physical objects and spaces in a matter of minutes. And according to Matterport, the device can be operated by pretty much anyone who knows how to use an iPad — making 3D modeling more accessible than ever.
Be the first to see interesting Spaces, new posts, and special offers.
- Leica BLK360 Integration Opens Up More Opportunity to Capture the World in 3D
- Matterport Disrupts Insurance Claims & Restoration with Artificial Intelligence Powered Reality Capture
- Matterport Launches Instant Galleries
- Broker Marketing Series: 3D Virtual Tours vs Open Houses
- Broker Marketing Series: 5 Tips to Market Your Brokerage to Home Sellers