Last year, we all found ways to do business a little differently. As COVID-19's impact was felt across the world, companies and people adjusted to living a more virtual lifestyle.
For many businesses, this change acted as a catalyst, pushing ahead the digital transformation efforts that had been already underway. As we look to the future of retail, it is clear that success lies in companies’ ability to embrace technology and adapt to consumers’ needs.
A new way to experience brands
Our global survey of consumers combined with research spanning several retail sectors revealed key trends for the future of enterprise facilities management and eCommerce, including:
- More strategic roles are beginning to emerge for facilities managers in addressing the challenges of today’s brick-and-mortar spaces.
- Consumers appreciate the convenience afforded by shopping online but miss the feeling of an in-store experience.
- The use of technology will be key to creating an omnichannel experience for consumers.
By utilising Matterport’s innovative 3D technology, retailers have already begun to adapt to these trends and are engaging consumers in new, exciting ways.
After scanning their physical storefronts, managers can reproduce brick-and-mortar locations into a digital, three-dimensional space, known as a 3D digital twin. Shoppers can then visualise and interact with environments they may not be able to visit in-person due to safety concerns or any other travel constraints.
While global consumers have vocalised significant interest in using this technology for their day-to-day shopping, there are also many business benefits that the companies using these tools are already capturing:
- Faster time to market. Simplifying the process of constructing, remodelling and rebranding retail sites by utilising 3D design templates.
- Improved documentation and stock management. Staying on top of maintenance issues and train employees on new processes more easily than ever before.
- Data insight. Pulling from a wealth of information to improve marketing efforts, optimise stock and increase revenue.
3D technology is already causing waves across industries for both consumers and businesses. However, there is still room to grow as the technology continues to evolve and transform the retail experience.
The future of business today
Consumers are driving a digital shift — successful retailers will be those that can seamlessly build a customer experience that unites their brick-and-mortar locations with their eCommerce platforms.
Interested in hearing more about companies using technology to drive change in their industries? Download our free eBook, "Exploring the Future of Retail in a Virtual World,” and learn how 3D digital twins can transform your business.
Keen to explore further how technology can help retail evolve? Register to attend our retail webinar on 18 March and join the conversation.