Matterport Hardware Terms and Conditions of Sale
Last updated: January 15, 2023
The Matterport Hardware Terms and Conditions of Sale (“Terms of Sale”) set forth below govern Your purchase of any Matterport Pro 3D Cameras including the Matterport Pro 3D Camera (MC200), the Matterport Pro2 3D Camera (MC250), the Matterport Pro3 3D Camera (MC300) or any subsequent 3D camera developed by Matterport and related hardware (each, a “Camera”); the Matterport AXIS Mount (AXIS), the Pro3 Tripod Mount or any subsequent mounting component developed or supplied by Matterport (each, a “ Mount”). Subject to the exclusions set out below, these Terms of Sale also apply to any Matterport branded accessory (“Accessories”); and any other hardware subsequently developed by Matterport (Cameras, Mounts, Accessories, and such other hardware collectively referred to as the “Hardware”).
To use any Camera, You must have access to a supported Apple(TM) iOS(TM) or Android(TM) device (as specified now or in the future by Matterport) (“Smart Device”) and must download onto the Smart Device the Matterport 3D Capture application from Apple App or Google Play Store (the “App”). In addition, to generate 3D models from images You produce with a Camera, You must also subscribe to Matterport’s Platform, which is subject to periodic subscription and processing fees. Use of the App is subject to Matterport End User License Agreement (“EULA”) and use of the Platform is subject to the Matterport Platform Subscription Agreement (“PSA”).
Please read the EULA for the App and the PSA. carefully. Use of a Camera with any other app or 3D model-generating software is not authorized by Matterport and is strictly prohibited. The Mounts are designed to be used solely with either an Apple or Android Smartphone, or a Camera in production as of the date of these Terms of Sale. Matterport cannot be responsible for any other use with any other item You attach or use with any Mount and such use is not authorized by Matterport and is strictly prohibited
BY CLICKING “I AGREE” IN CONNECTION WITH THESE TERMS OF SALE, BY ELECTRONICALLY OR MANUALLY SIGNING THESE TERMS OF SALE, AND/OR BY ACCEPTING DELIVERY OF HARDWARE, YOU SIGNIFY YOUR AGREEMENT TO ALL TERMS, CONDITIONS, AND NOTICES CONTAINED OR REFERENCED IN THESE TERMS OF SALE. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO SUCH TERMS, CONDITIONS AND/OR NOTICES: (A) DO NOT USE THE HARDWARE; AND (B) YOU MAY RETURN THE HARDWARE IN ACCORDANCE WITH SECTION 4 OF THESE TERMS OF SALE, SUBJECT TO THE LIMITATIONS SET FORTH HEREIN.
These Terms of Sale constitute the entire agreement between Matterport, Inc. (“Matterport”) and You or the entity that You represent (“You”) regarding Your purchase of Hardware, and supersede all prior communications and agreements, written or verbal, relating thereto. Any additional, inconsistent or different terms and conditions in any Order (defined below) or other communication from You are hereby expressly rejected. Matterport reserves the right to revise these Terms of Sale in its sole discretion at any time and without prior notice to You by updating these Terms of Sale provided that such changes shall be effective from the moment a revised posting is made only with respect to Hardware purchased after the revision date. Thus, You should view these Terms of Sale periodically to review changes. If You disagree with any changes to these Terms of Sale, Your sole remedy is to discontinue future Hardware purchases. If You place an Order for Hardware after a change has been posted, then such Order constitutes Your acceptance of the updated Terms of Sale which shall apply to that Order.
If You order Hardware from any third-party reseller who has a reseller agreement with Matterport to resell Hardware (“Authorized Reseller”) pursuant to an Order between You and the Authorized Reseller, You will additionally be subject to any terms set forth in such Order, and Section 11 of these Terms of Sale will apply. “Order” means a written or electronic order document entered into between You and Matterport (or an Authorized Reseller) for Hardware.
2. Pricing; Payment Terms.
- (a) All Hardware sales are final.
- (b) The price of Hardware purchased hereunder is as designated in Your online shopping cart or other price quote provided by Matterport. Once an Order for the Hardware is received, before the Order is accepted by Matterport, Matterport shall have the right to revise the pricing for the Hardware.
- (c) Prices do not include any taxes, now or hereinafter enacted, applicable to the Hardware sold hereunder. You agree to pay or reimburse any such taxes which Matterport is required to pay or collect. Your total invoiced amount will include the price of the Hardware(s) plus any applicable sales, value added, goods and/or use tax (“Sales Tax”). Such Sales Tax is based on the ship-to address and Sales Tax rate in effect at the time You purchase the Hardware(s). Matterport will charge Sales Tax only in countries, territories, or US states where local regulations and laws require it, to the best of Matterport’s knowledge.
- (d) The payment option(s) available to You are as specified by Matterport upon purchase. Unless specified to the contrary in writing by Matterport, You shall pay the purchase price of the Hardware and any taxes with a validly authorized credit card.
- (e) Matterport will deliver an invoice to You when the Hardware is shipped. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Matterport will extend credit for Orders in Matterport’s sole discretion and reserves the right to require payment for an Order before Matterport ships the Hardware for such Order, including without limitation in the event You have any unpaid prior Orders outstanding at the time an Order is received. In the event that Matterport extends credit for an Order, the associated invoice is payable within thirty (30) days of the date of such invoice unless otherwise specified, and You shall pay a late charge equal to the lesser of 1.5% of the total amount payable per month (prorated if necessary) or the maximum amount permitted under applicable law, on any past due balance.
- (f) If the Hardware becomes unavailable following Your purchase but prior to delivery, Your sole and exclusive remedy is a full refund of the purchase price. If technical problems prevent or unreasonably delay delivery of Your Hardware, Your sole and exclusive remedy is either replacement or full refund of the purchase price, as determined by Matterport.
- (g) You shall pay all amounts due without any set-off, counterclaim, deduction or withholding (except for any deduction or withholding required by law). Matterport may at any time, without limiting any other rights or remedies it may have, set off any amount You owe to it against any amount payable by Matterport to You.
- (h) Matterport reserves the right to recover any and all fees incurred as a result of the referral for collection of any of the above fees to an agency or legal firm.
3. Delivery, Risk of Loss, and Title.
- (a) Unless specified to the contrary in writing by Matterport, You shall be liable for all costs associated with shipping the Hardware to You.
- (b) Any delivery date specified by Matterport is approximate only. Matterport shall not be liable for any loss or expense, howsoever arising, incurred by You if the delivery does not meet any specified approximate delivery date.
- (c) Unless specified to the contrary in writing by Matterport, risk of loss or damage of the Hardware shall pass to You at the FOB origin point, Incoterms 2020.
- (d) Matterport will retain title to the Hardware until the later of (i) payment for the Hardware is received in full by Matterport; or (ii) the customer takes control of the Hardware. If You fail to make payment for the Hardware, and it has already been delivered: (i) Matterport may use all legal means to recover the outstanding amounts and or such Hardware at Your expense; and (ii) Matterport will have the right to block Your use of the Matterport Platform in connection with processing or hosting any imagery from such Camera.
- (e) Until title to the Hardware has passed to You, You shall: (i) store the Hardware separately from all other goods held by You so that it remains readily identifiable as Matterport’s property, (ii) not remove, deface or obscure any identifying mark or packaging on or relating to the Hardware, (iii) maintain the Hardware in satisfactory condition and keep it insured against all risks for its full price from the date of delivery, and (iv) give Matterport such information relating to the Hardware as Matterport may require from time to time.
4. Return Policy and Product Recall.
(a) Return Policy
- (i) Return Policy for Hardware Without Faults. For one time only, You may, at Your expense of using a trackable and insured courier, return to Matterport the first item of Hardware purchased by You within 30 days of the date of the original shipment of such Hardware to You, provided that such Hardware is in the original packaging with the original receipt. If the Hardware and original packaging are returned within this timeframe and confirmed by Matterport not to be damaged, Matterport will provide a full refund based upon the original payment method. You cannot return unwanted items after 30 days. The foregoing return right applies only to the first item of Hardware purchased by You. Subject to those rights set out below regarding Hardware with faults, You will have no right to return any subsequently purchased Hardware without the prior written consent of Matterport, which consent Matterport may grant or withhold in its sole discretion. For clarity: (A) any Hardware obtained in a trade-in or upgrade transaction is not eligible for return under this subsection; and (B) the limitations set forth in this subsection will not apply to any limited buy-back program offered by Matterport, and the written terms of such program provided by Matterport shall apply instead with respect to the return of Hardware subject to such program.
- (ii) Return Policy for Hardware with Faults. If the Hardware develops either a manufacturing or operational fault within twenty-one (21) days of delivery, You have the option of an exchange or refund. If the fault occurs after such 21-day period, Your warranty rights are as set forth in Section 5. In all cases, Matterport reserves the right to inspect the Hardware and verify the fault.
- (iii) Limitations. Your right to return the Hardware set forth in this Section 4 shall not apply if: (A) a defect or fault arises because You failed to follow Matterport’s instructions as to storage, commissioning, installation, use and maintenance or good trade practice regarding the same, (B) You alter or repair the Hardware without the written consent of Matterport, or (C) a defect or fault arises as a result of wear and tear, damage, negligence, or abnormal storage or working conditions.
(b) Product recall.
- (i) If You become aware of, or are the subject of any court order, request, or other directive of a governmental or regulatory authority to withdraw any Hardware from sale in any market (“Recall Notice”), then You must notify Matterport in writing immediately including a copy of any Recall Notice.
- (ii) Matterport, may at its sole discretion, issue its own notice to withdraw or recall any Hardware from sale from any market (“Voluntary Recall Notice”).
- (iii) If a Recall Notice or Voluntary Recall Notice is sent or received, and You are an authorized distributor or Authorized Reseller of Hardware, then You must comply with any such notice and with Matterport’s instructions regarding the same and give all reasonable assistance as Matterport may require to withdraw any Hardware from sale from any market.
- (iv) If a Voluntary Recall Notice is sent and You are a consumer, then You must comply with any such notice and Matterport’s instructions regarding the same. Matterport, will at its sole discretion decide if such action will be a repair or replacement.
5. Limited Warranty.
(a) Your warranty period will depend upon the county where You purchased Your Hardware from. Matterport warrants each item of Hardware against defects in material and workmanship for a period of:
- one (1) year from original date of shipment to You or the end purchaser (as applicable), or such longer period under any extended warranty purchased by You at Matterport’s then-available extended warranty rate for all purchases made in the USA or globally, except for the EU; or
- two (2) years from the original date of shipment to You or the end purchaser (as applicable), or such longer period under any extended warranty purchased by You at Matterport’s then available extended warranty rate on all purchases made in the EU.
(b) Your warranty period in relation to Accessories for defects and workmanship (subject to the exclusions below) is for a period of one (1) year from the original date of shipment to You or the end purchaser (as applicable).
(Collectively, the “Warranty Period”).
(c) This limited warranty is for the benefit of You or, if You are an authorized distributor or Authorized Reseller, the original end purchaser only and is not transferable by the end purchaser. This limited warranty will also apply to any Hardware shipped as part of a trade-in or upgrade transaction, and to any refurbished Hardware sold. A refurbished item of Hardware is tested and certified to look and work like new in all material respects at the time of shipment. The refurbishing process includes functionality testing, inspection, and repackaging. With respect to any Hardware shipped to You in exchange for a defective or damaged Hardware, the Warranty Period for such shipped Hardware shall not be extended beyond the end of the Warranty Period for the original Hardware. THIS LIMITED WARRANTY IS IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES OF QUALITY AND PERFORMANCE, WRITTEN, ORAL OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. THIS LIMITED WARRANTY SHALL NOT APPLY IF THE HARDWARE HAS BEEN REPAIRED OR ALTERED, EXCEPT BY MATTERPORT, OR IF IT HAS BEEN SUBJECTED TO MISUSE, NEGLIGENCE, OR ACCIDENT. In the event any defect in the material or workmanship of the Hardware arises during the Warranty Period, Matterport’s sole liability shall be (at the option of Matterport) to repair, provide a refund to You or the Authorized Reseller, as applicable, for, or replace any Hardware returned by You during the Warranty Period, provided that (a) Matterport is notified in writing by You or the Authorized Reseller, as applicable, of the claimed defect(s) during the Warranty Period, (b) the Hardware is returned to Matterport or the Authorized Reseller, as applicable, in the undamaged original Hardware packaging, and (c) Matterport’s or the Authorized Reseller, as applicable, examination of the Hardware discloses to its satisfaction that the defect(s) were not caused by misuse, negligence, accident, or unauthorized repair or alteration by You or on Your behalf. All shipping costs to Matterport or the Authorized Reseller, as applicable, from any location in the United States, or from Matterport or the Authorized Reseller, as applicable, to any location in the United States, for any Hardware that is repaired or replaced under this limited warranty, will be at Matterport’s or the Authorized Reseller’s expense; provided, however, that You will bear the expense of shipping any such Hardware to or from any non-U.S. location, and all shipping costs to and from Matterport or the Authorized Reseller, as applicable, for any Hardware that is repaired or replaced outside the scope of this limited warranty will be at Your expense. This warranty does not apply: (a) to consumables, such as batteries, connectors, charging kits, unless there is a defect in materials or workmanship; (b) to cosmetic damage of any kind howsoever caused; (c) to damage caused by use with a third party component or product not approved by Matterport; (d) to accidental damage or damages caused by, misuse, neglect, abuse, fire or other external cause; (e) to damage caused by operating the Hardware contrary to Matterport’s guidelines; (f) to damage caused by and third party in servicing, altering or upgrading the Hardware; or (h) to damage caused by normal wear and tear or otherwise due to the normal aging of the Hardware.
(d) MATTERPORT’S ONLY LIABILITY AND YOUR EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR ANY CLAIM OF A DEFECT IN THE HARDWARE, WHETHER ARISING IN TORT (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, NEGLIGENCE) OR CONTRACT, IS AS STATED IN THIS SECTION 5.
(e) IN NO EVENT SHALL MATTERPORT OR ITS AFFILIATES OR LICENSORS HAVE ANY OTHER LIABILITY FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, NEGLIGENCE), BREACH OF STATUTORY DUTY, OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF FORESEEABLE, ARISING IN CONNECTION WITH ANY HARDWARE OR THESE TERMS OF SALE IN PARTICULAR, MATTERPORT SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR (I) LOST PROFITS, (II) LOST DATA, (III) LOSS OF BUSINESS, GOODWILL OR REPUTATION, OR (IV) FOR ANY SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, EVEN IF MATTERPORT HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
(f) IN NO EVENT WILL THE TOTAL CUMULATIVE LIABILITY OF MATTERPORT AND ITS AFFILIATES AND LICENSORS RELATING TO ANY HARDWARE OR THESE TERMS OF SALE FROM ALL CAUSES OF ACTION OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING TORT (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, NEGLIGENCE), CONTRACT AND STRICT LIABILITY, EXCEED THE LESSER OF THE TOTAL AMOUNTS YOU PAID TO MATTERPORT UNDER THESE TERMS OF SALE DURING THE SIX (6) MONTHS PRECEDING YOUR CLAIM(S), OR $500.
(g) THESE LIMITATIONS SHALL APPLY NOTWITHSTANDING ANY FAILURE OF ESSENTIAL PURPOSE OF ANY REMEDY. WITHOUT LIMITING ANY OTHER CONDITION SET FORTH IN THIS SECTION, MATTERPORT WILL HAVE NO WARRANTY OBLIGATION HEREUNDER IF YOU FAIL TO RETURN THE HARDWARE IN THE UNDAMAGED ORIGINAL PACKAGING OR IF YOU HAVE INSTALLED ANY FIRMWARE IN THE HARDWARE OTHER THAN THE FIRMWARE INITIALLY EMBEDDED IN THE HARDWARE OR ANY FIRMWARE UPDATE SUBSEQUENTLY PROVIDED BY MATTERPORT.
(h) APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, OR SOME OR ALL OF THE FOREGOING LIMITATION OF LIABILITY, SO SOME OR ALL OF THE FOREGOING DISCLAIMERS AND/OR LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
(i) NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY IN THESE TERMS OF SALE, NOTHING IN THESE TERMS OF SALE EXCLUDES OR LIMITS ANY LIABILITY OF MATTERPORT THAT CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
6. Other Goods.
Non-Matterport brand equipment or software that may be distributed with the Hardware are sold "as is" and without warranty of any kind by Matterport, including any implied warranty regarding merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, and all such warranties are disclaimed. The sole warranty, if any, with the respect to such non-Matterport brand items is given by the manufacturer or producer thereof.
7. Governing Law; Venue.
Unless prohibited by applicable law, these Terms of Sale shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of California without giving any effect to any principles of conflict of law. Any claims or litigation arising on these Terms of Sale, will be brought solely in the state and federal courts in and for Santa Clara, California, and the parties specifically consent to Santa Clara, California, as the exclusive venue for any such proceeding. In any such action, you and Matterport irrevocably waive any right to a trial by jury. The United Nations Convention of Contracts for International Sale of Goods, Uniform Commercial Code, and the Uniform Computer Information Transaction Act shall not apply.
Certain software is embedded in the Hardware by Matterport (the “Firmware”). Subject to these Terms of Sale, Matterport grants You a non-exclusive, revocable, limited license to use the Firmware solely with the Hardware and in binary executable form only. The foregoing does not include a license to any source code. You shall not cause, or permit any third party to, reverse engineer, decompile, modify, translate or disassemble any of the Firmware; create derivative works based upon any of the Firmware; or do anything else that would adversely affect the intellectual property rights of Matterport and its licensors in and to the Firmware. You acknowledge that the source code underlying the Firmware is the confidential and proprietary information of Matterport and its licensors. You shall not install any firmware or other software on any Hardware other than the Firmware or an update to the Firmware provided by Matterport. If You install any firmware on the Hardware other than the Firmware (or any Firmware update provided by Matterport), such action will be deemed a material breach of these Terms of Sale that will void the warranty set forth in Section 5. In addition, without limiting any other remedy available to Matterport, Matterport reserves the right to bring an action against You for breach of contract and infringement of intellectual property rights in such event.
9. Intellectual Property.
Except as set forth in Section 8, nothing in these Terms of Sale shall be deemed to convey any intellectual property right to You in and to the Hardware, Firmware, Matterport Cloud, the App, or any other technology of Matterport or its licensors. You agree that (although Matterport may request that You contribute towards the design and development of its products), as between the parties, Matterport is the sole owner of all intellectual property rights in and to the Hardware and other property described in this Section.
- (a) Your failure to perform any of Your obligations hereunder including, without limitation, the payment in full of the purchase price for the Hardware, shall constitute a default under these Terms of Sale.
- (b) You represent and warrant that You are not (a) a resident, located, or organized in a country or territory subject to comprehensive U.S. trade sanctions (currently, the Crimea, Donetsk and Luhansk regions of Ukraine, Cuba, Iran, North Korea and Syria), Russia or Venezuela; (b) included on, or affiliated with any person or persons on, a U.S. Government restricted party list (including the List of Specially Designated Nationals and Blocked Persons, Foreign Sanctions Evaders, and Sectoral Sanctions Identification List, which are maintained by the Office of Foreign Assets Control of the U.S. Treasury Department (“OFAC”), and the Entity List, Denied Persons List, and Unverified List, which are maintained by the Bureau of Industry and Security for the U.S. Commerce Department) or any equivalent list administered by the United Nations, the UK and/or the European Union; and/or (c) a person with whom business transactions, including exports and re-exports, are restricted by a U.S. Government entity, including, any updates or revisions to the foregoing and any newly published rules.
You shall perform these Terms of Sale in compliance with all applicable laws, including the U.S. Export Administration Regulations and end-user, end-use and destination restrictions issued by the U.S. and other governments. You shall not engage in any activity that would cause Matterport, its subsidiaries or Affiliates to violate any related applicable law. You shall not export, re-export, import, or transfer the Hardware, or assist or facilitate others in doing any of the foregoing in violation of applicable laws.
- (c) A waiver of any condition or default is not a waiver of any subsequent default.
- (d) You may not assign or otherwise transfer any rights hereunder without Matterport’s prior written consent, and any attempt to do so without consent is void. These Terms of Sale are binding upon and for the benefit of the respective successors and assigns of Matterport.
- (e) If any provision of these Terms of Sale is unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from these Terms of Sale and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
- (g) Unless otherwise specified herein, all notices, invoices and other communications required or permitted to be given or made hereunder shall be in writing and: (i) if to Matterport, delivered personally or sent by pre-paid, first class certified or registered mail, return receipt requested or by overnight courier, to Matterport, Inc., 352 E. Java Dr., Sunnyvale, CA 94089, Attn: Legal Notices; or (ii) if to You, by email or by posting a notice to Your account in the Matterport Platform.
- (h) Except as provided in Section 1, any changes in these Terms of Sale are not valid unless in a writing signed by an officer of Matterport. Preprinted terms on or attached to any Order hereunder and all other separate terms and/or documents introduced after the acceptance of this Agreement or the performance of Services or delivery of the Hardware, even if signed by Matterport, shall be, as to Matterport, null and void and of no effect without a mutually signed amendment hereto expressly citing this Agreement.
- (i) You acknowledge that You have read these Terms of Sale, understand them, and agree to all terms and conditions in these Terms of Sale.
- (j) A person who is not a party to these Terms of Sale shall not have any rights to enforce its terms.
11. Reseller Orders.
If You order any Hardware from an Authorized Reseller pursuant to an Order between You and the Authorized Reseller: (a) all references to an Order in these Terms of Sale shall mean the applicable the Order between You and the Authorized Reseller; (b) Section 2(b) through (h) (Pricing; Payment Terms) may be superseded by terms set forth in the applicable Order between You and the Authorized Reseller, and fees set forth in such Order shall paid directly to the Authorized Reseller, as applicable; (c) Section 3 (Delivery; Risk of Loss; Title) and Section 4(a) (Return Policy and Product Recall) may be superseded by terms set forth in the applicable Order between You and the Authorized Reseller; (d) Matterport shall provide all credits or refunds owed by Matterport to the Authorized Reseller and not to You, and You shall look to the Authorized Reseller for such credits and refunds; and (e) Matterport shall have no responsibility or liability with respect to any failure by the Authorized Reseller to issue credits or refunds to You. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary, unless Matterport provides signed written authorization to You, no additional terms in any Order between You and an Authorized Reseller with respect to Hardware shall be binding on Matterport, and this Agreement shall prevail in the event of any conflict between this Agreement and any Order between You and an Authorized Reseller.
Prior versions can be viewed here:
October 1, 2022: Hardware Terms & Conditions of Sale
April 1, 2022: Hardware Terms & Conditions of Sale
October 23, 2019: Matterport Pro 3D Camera Terms and Conditions of Sale